Also known as boilers, a water heater raises the water’s temperature from warm to boiling, which can be set according to one’s preference and requirements.
Warm water is a necessity in every domestic and commercial space. People need heated water for several tasks, including washing dishes and garments, bathing, cleaning, sweeping, and so on.
A typical water heater will work efficiently for eight to ten years if properly maintained. That said, here is everything you need to know about water heater maintenance.
Assessing Why Is It Necessary to Conduct Water Heater Maintenance
It takes more than just a good brand to have a water system work efficiently for years. Here is how maintenance improves a water heating system’s efficiency;
1. To Increase The Efficiency of Your Water Heater
Proper upkeep is necessary to ensure seamless operations for years to follow. So, you cannot hold off water heater maintenance — preemptive care is a must!
For instance, with time, hard water deposits and other mineral residues may damage the system if you own a gas water heater. Whereas, if you have an electric heater, mineral build-up may distort or damage the heating element.
Basically, timely upkeep can flush away accumulated minerals before they settle. Another benefit is that the water volume may also rise as minerals are removed from the equation.
2. Reduces Water and Energy Expenses
People often let their taps run till the required temperature water starts flowing. Not only is this a timely process, but it also adds to water expenses. Primarily, this is because of a compromised water heater.
Therefore, proper heater maintenance is a must; not only will you conserve water, but your heater would also depend on less energy (gas or electrical), leading to lowered bills.
3. Ensures Safety
Every water heater has in-built safety features that test the temperature and pressure of the valves. It is important to monitor them to ensure they are working correctly.
However, if they aren’t operating per standards, it can get quite dangerous due to high temperature and pressure in valves. This can lead to tank and pipe bursts as the water is not channeled out in time.
So, regular water heater maintenance ensures people’s safety, as by closely inspecting the system, you can avoid many potential issues. However, it would be best to call professionals for emergency water heater repair if a problem has come.
4. Promotes Longevity Of Your Boiling System
A hot water boiler is no less than an investment as it is a costly system. As a result, anyone installing it expects long-term gains. However, this is only possible if you maintain it by keeping annual or bi-annual checks and making necessary repairs.
Maintaining your water heater guarantees its longevity. It will extend your boiler’s life, saving you from the trouble of replacing it now and then.
5. Eliminates The Issue Of No Hot Water
The continuous flow of hot water is a must in commercial settings, such as factories, restaurants, and other establishments. And if this flow gets disrupted, various processes get adversely affected, leading to lowered productivity.
Therefore, it is necessary to ensure you have access to hot running water at all times. This is why after installing an effective water heater system, ensure it remains maintained to keep the hot water flowing at all times. Besides that, you will be saved from spending a fortune buying a new water heater.
How To Do Water Heater Maintenance
You may wonder how you can conduct constructive water heater maintenance in Charlotte NC. We have shared some essential tips to help you out. Read on:
- Have your water heater regularly inspected by professionals to ensure its proper working
- Start conducting immediate water heater repairs if you find any defect or unusual activity in the appliance
- Flush and drain your water heater tank annually to get rid of any sediment or mineral build-up, reducing its efficiency
- Insulate your tank to reduce energy expenses and increase its life
- Most water boilers are set at higher temperatures by default. You can reduce their temperature to prevent burns and injuries
- Regularly test the temperature pressure relief valve to ensure it operates in an intended manner
- Replace the anode rod every five years as it may corrode, which can wreck the smooth working of the water heater’s tank
- Replace the air intake of filters of tankless water heaters
- Insulate the water pipes of the boiler to ensure that the water stays hot till it reaches the taps.
- Test the TRP valves, which should always be set at 120psi [pounds per square inch] to ensure adequate pressures.
Let Superior Plumbing and Drains, LLC Take Care of Your Water Heater Maintenance
If you are looking for an agency for all your water heater maintenance needs, head straight to Superior Plumbing and Drains, LLC. Started by Timothy Herms, the world-class company has provided exceptional plumbing services for the past thirty years in Charlotte.
Besides other services, we provide boiler installation, maintenance, and water heater repair in Charlotte. Superior Plumbing and Drains, LLC includes quick installation from licensed professionals and a one-year guarantee for replacement and repairs of the water heater.
Contact us for all your plumbing and water heater needs in Charlotte, NC.