Our Garbage Disposal Replacement Services
Whether you’re dealing with a malfunctioning unit or seeking an upgrade to a more efficient model, our garbage disposal installation technicians in Charlotte, NC, are ready to tackle the task with precision and professionalism. Our installation process begins with a comprehensive assessment of your kitchen setup and the condition of your existing garbage disposal. We also take into account factors such as the size of your household, your cooking habits, and your budget to recommend the most suitable replacement options. With a wide range of top-quality garbage disposals available, we ensure that you get a unit that not only meets your current needs but also stands the test of time.
Once you’ve selected the perfect garbage disposal for your kitchen, our plumbing technicians handle the installation with utmost care and expertise, firmly securing the unit to the sink-mounting assembly and drain line. We prioritize efficiency, ensuring that your new disposal is seamlessly integrated into your plumbing system, allowing you to get back to your routine with minimal disruption.
Signs It’s Time to Replace Your Existing Garbage Disposal Unit
While garbage disposals are designed to be durable, there comes a time when replacement is the most practical solution. Look out for these signs that indicate it might be time to have a new garbage disposal installed:
- Persistent Clogs: If your garbage disposal frequently clogs, decreases the performance of your sink drain, or takes longer than usual to grind food scraps, it may be a sign of internal damage.
- Unpleasant Odors: Lingering odors, despite cleaning efforts, could indicate a malfunction in the disposal’s grinding mechanism.
- Strange Noises: Grinding, clanking, or metallic noises during operation can be indicative of mechanical issues that may require replacement.
- Frequent Repairs: If you find yourself calling for repairs more often than not, it might be more cost-effective to invest in a garbage disposal replacement.
Continuous Feed vs. Batch Feed Garbage Disposals
Choosing the right type of garbage disposal is essential for optimizing functionality in your kitchen. Two of the main types of garbage disposals are continuous feed and batch feed. Continuous feed disposals are ideal for households with heavy kitchen usage, as they allow you to continuously add food waste while the unit is running. They are convenient for processing large amounts of food quickly.
In contrast, batch feed disposals require you to load the food waste into the disposal before starting the unit. They are considered safer as they cannot be turned on without the cover in place, making them a suitable option for families with children.
Our knowledgeable team can guide you through the features and benefits of each type, helping you make an informed decision based on your specific needs. Don’t hesitate to ask our Charlotte, NC, specialists more about our garbage disposal installation process.
What You Shouldn’t Put in Your Garbage Disposal
While garbage disposals are handy appliances, it’s essential to use them responsibly to avoid unnecessary wear and tear. Here are items you should never put in your garbage disposal to ensure your sink can drain properly:
- Grease and Oils: These substances can solidify and cause clogs over time.
- Stringy Vegetables: Fibrous vegetables like celery and asparagus can wrap around the disposal blades, leading to jams.
- Coffee Grounds: The fine particles can accumulate and create blockages.
- Bones and Hard Objects: Garbage disposals are not equipped to handle hard items, as they can damage the blades.